hey. I'm also a Mac user and also using low buffer sizes. S1 v8 performance had been so poor for me (even without scrolling around), I'm using Logic for now. previously I've used v5 and don't have a v7 to compare. I've previously posted my experience in
https://studiooneforum.com/threads/fender-studio-pro-8-0-2-discussion-thread.2100/post-1865
Thank you for your response.
I’ve been communicating with PreSonus support about this for a month now, and honestly, it’s becoming extremely frustrating. I have provided tests and files, and every time I carefully translate and explain everything point by point before sending it. Yet I keep getting responses that completely miss the point, without actually addressing the issue I’m trying to demonstrate.
At this point, it seems that bringing this issue up through platforms such as YouTube may be the only option I have left.
I have already established that the problem does not occur with an empty or lightly loaded project. It is not something you can simply notice under normal circumstances, which may be one reason why there are so few reports about it.
I also suspect that the problem may depend on single-core CPU performance. This could explain why support cannot reproduce it on the only test machine available to them, an M4 Mac.
I have also noticed another difference: when I scroll back and forth through the same test project in Fender Studio while playing, it can cause audio dropouts. The exact same scrolling does not cause dropouts in Studio One 7 under the same conditions.
Maybe you also can try to create a ticket so they pay some more attention, but i don't believe in their support
