• Hi and welcome to the Studio One & Studio Pro User Forum!

    Please note that this is an independent, user-driven forum and is not endorsed by, affiliated with, or maintained by Fender. Learn more in the Welcome thread!

Studio One 6 Extensions (e.g. Retro Mix Legends) with Fender Studio Pro Perpetual?

Andy

New member
I bought all these extensions for Studio One 6. If I upgrade to Fender Studio Pro Perpetual, can I still use them, or do I need a Pro+ subscription to access them?
 
I can only speak for v7 Perpetual and my Ampire High Density Pack, but the rule was ever: if you bought it and it is listed in your account, then it’s yours and does work as before. And I nowhere read anything different for v8.
 
That’s correct. If you don’t already have them, for the most add-on’s it’s now impossible to buy them separately. Only some US retailers (e.g., Sweetwater) offer licenses for a small subset of the add-on’s.
 
Okay, thanks for clarifying. Locking previously purchasable add-ons behind a subscription for new users is certainly an interesting way to discourage any further investment in the ecosystem. I can still use what I paid for, but it does make me wonder what the next restriction will be, and when it starts affecting existing customers.
 
Back
Top