• Hi and welcome to the Studio One & Studio Pro User Forum!

    Please note that this is an independent, user-driven forum and is not endorsed by, affiliated with, or maintained by Fender. Learn more in the Welcome thread!

Pro Navigator - Feature suggestions

First of all: thanks A LOT for this awesome package. It adds some functionality I've been wanting for a long time! Of course, liking it as much as I do, it also immediately sparks some ideas for additional features. I thought I'd share them with you:

BATCH RENAME

- Trim/remove prefix: I often get sent mix files which are numbered. This is great for not having the files all over the place in my session, but once they're loaded in I want to get rid of those prefixed numbers. Having a trim option (n chars) in the batch rename script might be a good way to accommodate this?
- lowercase/UPPERCASE/Title/Sentence formatting (even better would be to have this based on rules, so you can set bus channels to uppercase and audio tracks to Enhanced Title for example)

SELECT

- Select by type: audio/instr/bus tracks etc.

SORTING

- It would be lovely to have some way to have your own custom order to sort tracks. Maybe this can be done through using the order of the color rules as a sorting order for sorting by color. This way you can: color by name > sort by color and get most of your tracks colored and sorted in your prefered way.

>>> I see there’s a post about this already, and your reply makes sense.

FADES

- It would be amazing to be able to create fade based on a range selection (not sure if this is even doable, but it's one of the few thing I still miss from my Pro Tools days)


I'm sure that in the course of using Pro Navigator more I'll come up with more requests haha, but these are the first things that I came across using it. Maybe some is already there and I missed it, and of course I have no idea of any of this is even technically possible, but it never hurts to get a conversation started:)

Thanks, Jasper
 
Last edited:
Hi Jasper,

thanks for the feedback - and I'm glad you like the add-on so far :)

BATCH RENAME

- Trim/remove prefix: I often get sent mix files which are numbered. This is great for not having the files all over the place in my session, but once they're loaded in I want to get rid of those prefixed numbers. Having a trim option (n chars) in the batch rename script might be a good way to accommodate this?
- lowercase/UPPERCASE/Title/Sentence formatting (even better would be to have this based on rules, so you can set bus channels to uppercase and audio tracks to Enhanced Title for example)
Great idea! On my list now.

SELECT

- Select by type: audio/instr/bus tracks etc.
Yes, that makes sense. Noted.

SORTING

- It would be lovely to have some way to have your own custom order to sort tracks. Maybe this can be done through using the order of the color rules as a sorting order for sorting by color. This way you can: color by name > sort by color and get most of your tracks colored and sorted in your prefered way.

>>> I see there’s a post about this already, and your reply makes sense.
My idea is an additional sorting option that lets you select a text file that contains all the track names in the desired order (with alternatives or even wildcards).

FADES

- It would be amazing to be able to create fade based on a range selection (not sure if this is even doable, but it's one of the few thing I still miss from my Pro Tools days)
This you could already achieve with these two commands:

- Locate Selection End
- Fade In to Cursor

Create a macro and map this to a hotkey and then you can fade in (or out) based on a range selection!

fade-macro.gif
 
Back
Top