• Hi and welcome to the Studio One & Studio Pro User Forum!

    Please note that this is an independent, user-driven forum and is not endorsed by, affiliated with, or maintained by Fender. Learn more in the Welcome thread!

pro nav issues

dearee

New member
hey hey

here is some stuff I found as I have been trying to setup the one button for reverb plugin scenario


seems that if insert order is changed after plugins are inserted. The open insert command doesn’t work correctly.

For instance, add plugin a (slot one) then add plugin b (slot 2) if I swap the order of plugin A and plugin B, and then I ask pro navigator to open insert one. It will open plugin A regardless of the change in the insert chain order. I am using console 1 and flow studio as plug a and b in this case



Using the find channel and open insert command for a reverb plug-in. And then hitting that command again to close the reverb plug-in window, if I go back to the other tracks in the session and hit V for showing the plug-in window nothing happens. Not every time, though, just sometimes. It’s a little bit buggy. By using the open insert one command instead of the native show floating window command, it does seem to work better.



For the reverb, the ideal situation for me is to select the track the reverb is on and open the plug-in window. So that the tablet controller for Fender studio pro can switch controls to the insert page with the reverb controls on it. Just opening the window doesn’t change that controller, unfortunately. But this way, every time I hit the button to adjust the reverb, the tablet is focused on the reverb channel
 
Hi and welcome!

seems that if insert order is changed after plugins are inserted. The open insert command doesn’t work correctly.

For instance, add plugin a (slot one) then add plugin b (slot 2) if I swap the order of plugin A and plugin B, and then I ask pro navigator to open insert one. It will open plugin A regardless of the change in the insert chain order. I am using console 1 and flow studio as plug a and b in this case
Yes, this is a known limitation. Studio Pro doesn't always report inserts in the correct order. If you rearrange the inserts after adding them, the reported order may no longer match their actual order in the insert chain. Unfortunately, there's currently no reliable way to determine the correct order. I'll bring this up at my next meeting with the Studio Pro development team.

Currently, the only workaround is to reset the order by moving all inserts to another channel and then moving them back. But obviously, that's not a good solution.

reset-order.gif


Using the find channel and open insert command for a reverb plug-in. And then hitting that command again to close the reverb plug-in window, if I go back to the other tracks in the session and hit V for showing the plug-in window nothing happens. Not every time, though, just sometimes. It’s a little bit buggy. By using the open insert one command instead of the native show floating window command, it does seem to work better.
I couldn't reproduce any issues with these commands. Could you provide step-by-step instructions or a specific example of when this happens,
 
Last edited:
Back
Top