What is the safest sequence to rename an entire project such that all tracks and other media do not lose their correct connections? There are many files involved in a typical project, so the answer may be "there is no safe way". If so, that would be useful to know.
I tried File-> Rename, and provided a new name thinking it would just automatically rename the project and maintain all media links and connections but instead it told me a file in the current folder is in use. I then shut FSP down and tried again and got the same result.
Related question 1:
Is best practice to
1. create a new folder for the newly renamed project
2. copy and paste everything from the old folder to the new folder
3. manually rename all files in the new folder
4. verify that the "new"/renamed project works in all respects
5. delete the original project?
Related question 2:
For safety, can I simply copy and paste all of my project files to a new folder as a backup in case something goes wrong in the renaming attempt?
I tried File-> Rename, and provided a new name thinking it would just automatically rename the project and maintain all media links and connections but instead it told me a file in the current folder is in use. I then shut FSP down and tried again and got the same result.
Related question 1:
Is best practice to
1. create a new folder for the newly renamed project
2. copy and paste everything from the old folder to the new folder
3. manually rename all files in the new folder
4. verify that the "new"/renamed project works in all respects
5. delete the original project?
Related question 2:
For safety, can I simply copy and paste all of my project files to a new folder as a backup in case something goes wrong in the renaming attempt?