• Hi and welcome to the Studio One & Studio Pro User Forum!

    Please note that this is an independent, user-driven forum and is not endorsed by, affiliated with, or maintained by Fender. Learn more in the Welcome thread!

How do I create an aggressive trombone gliss from C to F? Also, EQ question

Barb

New member
1. Trombone Gliss:

I'm using Fender Studio Pro with East West samples. I found some down-up trombone samples that do F > C > F, but don't know how to just get C > F. Do I bounce the midi to an audio track, then cut the first half of the gliss? Also, I want it to be nice and growly!

2. EQ Manipulation:

How do I apply manual EQ to an instrument--as in being able to manually drag points up or down to modify the sound? I see Studio Pro allows a channel strip, but only with basic low-medium-high band control. Again, is this something that can only be done on an audio track?

Sorry for asking beginner questions!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out with this.

Barb
 
Last edited:
You can certainly bounce to audio and edit the gliss to which part you want. As long as it's fairly deep in the mix, it'll probably sound ok. However, there are a few solo trombone descending glissandos in the Hollywood Orchestra library (look for 1TB Lng Falls or 1TB Mte Falls). As for EQ, Studio Pro has an excellent stock eq - Pro EQ3 - which is very flexible.
 
You can certainly bounce to audio and edit the gliss to which part you want. As long as it's fairly deep in the mix, it'll probably sound ok. However, there are a few solo trombone descending glissandos in the Hollywood Orchestra library (look for 1TB Lng Falls or 1TB Mte Falls). As for EQ, Studio Pro has an excellent stock eq - Pro EQ3 - which is very flexible.
I’m assuming there are also ascending glissandos in the Hollywood Orcheetra library (1TB ascending glissandos?). I’ll check out both that and Pro EQ.

Does EQ get added to a send bus?

Thanks, folks, for helping me out! I’ll tackle my song again when I get home in a couple of hours.
 
Back
Top