• Hi and welcome to the Studio One & Studio Pro User Forum!

    Please note that this is an independent, user-driven forum and is not endorsed by, affiliated with, or maintained by Fender. Learn more in the Welcome thread!

Free Extension (scripts package) for orchestral scoring

Gades

New member
Hi, I’ve been working on orchestral mockups in Studio One for quite a while, and more recently in Fender Studio Pro. I was missing quite a few simple tools, which I initially handled with an external application that communicated with Studio One through the Files tab. Eventually, though, I managed to move pretty much all of that functionality, feature by feature, into a package file that can run directly from Fender Studio Pro.

I thought that at least some of these features might be useful to others as well, so thanks to Lukas for making this possible, I’d like to invite you to take a look at the extension’s website, where you’ll find a somewhat more detailed description and the download link for the newest version of the package:

Gades MIDI Toolbar

One important disclaimer right away: I’m using this extension with Fender Studio One 8.1, and so far it has only been tested on one computer (mine). So please keep in mind that something may not work as expected or could potentially cause problems. I also can’t promise any actual support, as this is purely a hobby project that I work on in my spare time :)

And here one screenshot of the toolbar:

toolbar.png
 
Last edited:
New update of the package:
  • Chords module moved from the toolbar to the separate dialog window
  • fixed Baroque trills and Romantic trills
  • fixed Divisi algorithm and now divided parts has not only notes from the source but also CCs
  • fixed Timpani Repetitions notes lengths checking
  • new "accents" functions



 
  • Like
Reactions: AAV
New update of the package:
  • Dynamic Flow for creating simple "triangle" flow of CC for selected long notes (not perfect, but works ;) )
  • Simplify functions: remove "steps" on CC lines, remove duplicates
  • new Pitch Velocity function (similar to Expressive Velocity, but based only on note's pitch)
  • new selections based on current selected note's velocity (higher, equal and lower velocity select)
 
Back
Top