• Hi and welcome to the Studio One & Studio Pro User Forum!

    Please note that this is an independent, user-driven forum and is not endorsed by, affiliated with, or maintained by Fender. Learn more in the Welcome thread!

Close Up The HonkyTonks - This Here is Country

Ken Morgan

Member
Genre
Country
Released when
Unreleased

In Keeping with the thread about importing some tracks from other DAW...this 1964 Buck Owens tune started in ProTools. I imported the drums and one acoustic rhythm guitar, the rest done with Studio Pro (perpetual). I very purposely kept it loose, with the intention of putting the listener inside a Texas honkytonk that had an 8 track recording session recorded live from the floor, mixed later. Almost no automation, most instruments EQd on way in (save for some Pultec style here and there, with Fairchild style compression here and there)

I certainly did NOT want this to sound grid-locked, mechanical, pitch corrected, or laden with other modern techniques - I wanted sawdust, Marlboro haze, and whiskey in the air.
 
Click here to listen:
Back
Top