• Hi and welcome to the Studio One & Studio Pro User Forum!

    Please note that this is an independent, user-driven forum and is not endorsed by, affiliated with, or maintained by Fender. Learn more in the Welcome thread!

Audio Loop Recording Sometimes Records Nothing

Anders Svensson

New member
When I use loop recording for audio, Fender Studio Pro 8 frequently fails to record the loops properly.

During recording, I can clearly see the input signal being detected, so there is definitely audio coming into the track. I can also see the recording taking place as I play the loops.

However, when I stop recording and want to listen back, sometimes there is nothing there at all. The entire recording is simply missing.

It doesn’t only happen with the final loop. It can happen even after recording just two or three loops. I stop the recording expecting to hear what I have just recorded, only to discover that nothing has been recorded.

This is extremely frustrating, and it happens far too often.

As far as I can tell, there are no settings anywhere in Fender Studio Pro that could explain or control this behavior.

It really looks like a serious recording bug, yet the developers seem to be completely ignoring it.

Maybe Fender should consider removing the word “Pro” from the name.
 
I use loop recording constantly and have NEVER seen this occur (from v7.x to current v8.1.2) at anytime.
You're checking the write permissions on your storage drive, and hopefully not using any cloud storage?
 
I use loop recording constantly and have NEVER seen this occur (from v7.x to current v8.1.2) at anytime.
You're checking the write permissions on your storage drive, and hopefully not using any cloud storage?
Hi there !
I use an Samsung SSD and no cloud storage !
Where do I find write permissions?
I'm on Win 10
 
Maybe it's the exact moment you stop the recording? When that's a fraction too late a new (empty) take starts and becomes the active take on the track. Have you got 'Takes to Layers' engaged? That would make it easier to toggle between takes.
 
Maybe it's the exact moment you stop the recording? When that's a fraction too late a new (empty) take starts and becomes the active take on the track. Have you got 'Takes to Layers' engaged? That would make it easier to toggle between takes.
I only have "Record Mix" ticked !
 
Back
Top