Ken Morgan
Member
I've owned SO in some manner or fashion since Version 3...and have tried REALLY hard to like it. Sometimes I thought I was turning the corner and started to use it as my main DAW, then some kink came along and just couldn't come to terms. Came back on board at 6, upgraded to 7, now on 8 perpetual. The muscle memories developed in PT are a bit hard to shake sometimes, though and I've been slooooooowly getting into it as a primary workstation.
One thing that has caught my attention though, something I don't know its by some under the radar design or simply operator's choice: quite a few somewhat known and deservedly rewarded engineers are using Studio One as their DAW, even though they don't mention it at all. Look at their DAW screens, though, it's pretty apparent. Grammy winners, multiplatinum guys, not just guys who do nothing more than make videos. I know for a fact they know things I don't, and for a fact until recently they were dyed in the wool (something else) guys
Anyhow, what's made the mental transition so easy now is the discovery of a simply wonderful app that can translate any DAW session to any other DAW session with stunning accuracy, tempo and plug in one to one translation, etc...It's called WG DAW Convertor. Just drag in the session you want to convert from, tell it what you want to convert to, and in a minute or two, it's done. Just this morning I converted a 35 track (all audio) song from PT to SO, all tempos correct, AAX plugin that had a VST or AU counterpart properly placed and settings set up, busses properly assigned, etc. Yesterday I did a similar thing converting a Cubase 10.5 to SO...perfect translation...
Makes it stupidly easy, and is a darn sight cheaper than paying to keep those other DAW current.
One thing that has caught my attention though, something I don't know its by some under the radar design or simply operator's choice: quite a few somewhat known and deservedly rewarded engineers are using Studio One as their DAW, even though they don't mention it at all. Look at their DAW screens, though, it's pretty apparent. Grammy winners, multiplatinum guys, not just guys who do nothing more than make videos. I know for a fact they know things I don't, and for a fact until recently they were dyed in the wool (something else) guys
Anyhow, what's made the mental transition so easy now is the discovery of a simply wonderful app that can translate any DAW session to any other DAW session with stunning accuracy, tempo and plug in one to one translation, etc...It's called WG DAW Convertor. Just drag in the session you want to convert from, tell it what you want to convert to, and in a minute or two, it's done. Just this morning I converted a 35 track (all audio) song from PT to SO, all tempos correct, AAX plugin that had a VST or AU counterpart properly placed and settings set up, busses properly assigned, etc. Yesterday I did a similar thing converting a Cubase 10.5 to SO...perfect translation...
Makes it stupidly easy, and is a darn sight cheaper than paying to keep those other DAW current.